- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 350g broccoli, broken into florets
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, each cut in half
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges to serve
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 150ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Add the sweet potatoes, onions, broccoli and garlic to a large roasting tray and sprinkle over the dried herbs. Season and drizzle over 1 tbsp of the oil, then toss everything together. Spread the veg out in an even layer and roast for 15 mins.
- Remove the tray from the oven and give the veg a good mix. Add the chicken pieces and drizzle with the remaining ½ tbsp. oil. Squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle with the paprika. Return to the oven for 15 mins.
- Pour over most of the chicken stock, then roast for a final 15-20 mins (topping up with a little more stock if it starts to look too dry) until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is completely tender. Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins and serve with lemon wedges.
Kcal – 439 fat – 20g carbs – 33g saturates – 5g fibre – 8.7g protein – 33.8g